Monday, January 10, 2011

1969 Corgi Junior 1:64 Whizz Wheels - Super Stock Car

Today I like to talk about one of my oldest collection. The 1969 1:64 scale Corgi Junior Whizz Wheels - Super Stock Car.


Until this moment I haven't found any information about the manufactured / release year and photos of its original condition (is it came in a box? or blister?). It's made from two pieces of metal die casts (the base and the top) riveted and the interior were made from plastic. The tampos on the hood were paper stickers consist of "Checkered flag", "Autolite", "British's Union Jack flag", "Castrol" and some small "864" stickers in the back.


I do found out that there are 2 versions of this model, the blue base and the yellow base, but  all much the same. On the base there are markings "MADE IN THE GT BRITAIN" and "PATAPP3396/69" just bellow it. I assume that "69" represents the year of manufacture. This is what I love about vintage die cast, they are timeless and everlasting. I bet this is much the same as is it 30+ years ago.


I forgot how I got it but as I recall I bought it around 2006 from a friend of mine who found this beauty in a flea market in Batam. I've always have an eye for vintage toys and sure is I would miss this beauty when he told me that he's willing to let it go for a real bargain price.

No comments:

Post a Comment